71% of Ugandan children do not go to school after seventh grade. Without education, the opportunities for them to eventually support themselves and others are slim. Edidah Mpumwire Tumwebaze could have been one of those except for her ambition and the support she received from many benefactors.
With that support, she was able to get a master’s degree, start several businesses and a non-profit, the Rising Hope Foundation. Through Rising Hope, Edidah and others give Ugandan children the gifts of education and mentorship that she received.
The Rising Hope Foundation has a fun opportunity for you – and an opportunity for service above self. Last year at our benefit concert the rhythm and harmonies of the Sing Portland! choir and the Fools in Paradise band had people singing, clapping, and dancing in the aisles. All while raising money to give the gift of education to some of the poorest kids in the world.
We invite you to join us for a joyous evening of community voices and African melodies at “A Reason to Smile” concert, supporting the Rising Hope Foundation. Among the ways you might support giving these kids this priceless gift are:
- Attending the concert – tickets at risinghopeus.brownpapertickets.com
- Buying tickets and distributing them to your friends
- Buying a sponsorship ad in the program – $125 for a quarter page, $250 for a half page, $500 for a full page (closing date for ads is November 10)
- Promoting the concert through your contacts and mailing lists.
- Making a donation to Rising Hope Foundation, 16018 SW 77th Terrace, Tigard OR 97224
- Kids 10 and under – FREE
- Kids 11-18 and Seniors 65+ – $12.00
- Adults 19-64 – $17.00
Check our event out on Facebook: http://bitly.com/1zDKAVE
We do not have a 501(c)(3) set up yet, so donations are not tax deductible. Thanks so much for supporting us in any way you can!
We always enjoy Rotary meetings, but we also had so much FUN with you last Friday! “The 5-Way Test” was the final laugh of the morning – thanks for the hospitality and the laughter!
With deepest appreciation for a wonderful morning with your club, Edidah and Gabe